CHICAGO, Nov. 28, 2017 – Addressing patients’ top MR imaging anxieties, Toshiba Medical, a Canon Group company, introduces its newest MR system, the Vantage Elan™ / Zen Edition 1.5T to deliver comfortable, effortless and efficient exams in healthcare facilities of all sizes. The Zen Edition prioritizes intelligent workflow and patient comfort, providing clinical applications to help providers make accurate diagnoses.
The new system features tools to make exams fast and comfortable for patients, and enhance workflow for clinicians:
- Quiet exams for comfortable patients: Pianissimo™ Zen prioritizes patient comfort, making scanning even more quiet by reducing sound during acquisition by 99 percent.1
- Complete cardiac exams: Multi-echo T2 Mapping takes cardiac workflow one step further. T2 maps with Toshiba Medical’s updated FFE2D mEcho sequence can be used in quantification and analysis of myocardial iron overload.
- Enhance cardiac capabilities: T1 mapping that utilizes MOdified Look-Locker Inversion recovery (MOLLI) sequence allows providers to acquire a more quantitative characterization of myocardial tissue within a single breath hold.
- Improve cardiac workflow: Phase Sensitive Inversion Recovery (PSIR) in the heart provides improved contrast in late-enhanced imaging and eliminates the need for inversion time (TI) calibration scan, allowing cardiac exams to be completed with fewer breath holds and greater patient comfort.
- Expand clinical capabilities: Ultrashort Echo Time (UTE) captures images in tissues that generally disappear too quickly for accurate MR imaging, enabling imaging of anatomy such as the MSK and lungs to help providers obtain more information to diagnose and treat their patients.
- Improve workflow with automatic positioning: Automatic slice alignment for difficult procedures like cardiac, neuro and spine exams with EasyTech, which standardizes workflow with automatic positioning while delivering consistent image quality.
“Toshiba Medical designed the Vantage Elan / Zen Edition as an economical, yet powerful solution for smaller healthcare providers so they can put patients at ease with comfortable, quiet and safe MR exams,” said Dominic Smith, senior director, CT, PET/CT, and MR Business Units, Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc. “In addition to the patient-friendly features, the system offers a complete suite of innovative clinical applications, advanced technology and an easy interface that improves workflow and productivity.”
Toshiba Medical is showcasing the new Vantage Elan / Zen Edition MR system at this year’s Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting in Chicago, November 26 – December 1, 2017 (Booth #7330, North Hall B).
About Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
Toshiba America Medical Systems, a Canon Group company headquartered in Tustin, Calif., markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and interventional X-ray equipment. For more information, visit Toshiba Medical’s website at www.medical.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Medical
Toshiba Medical offers a full range of diagnostic medical imaging solutions including Ultrasound, CT, X-Ray, and MR, across the globe. As of December 2016, Toshiba Medical became a member of the Canon Group. In line with our continued Made for Life philosophy, patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to provide medical professionals with solutions that support their efforts in contributing to the health and wellbeing of patients worldwide so that together our industry-leading solutions deliver an enriched quality of life.