RadNet, one of the country’s largest operators of outpatient imaging centers, and Barnabas Health, a New Jersey-based nonprofit healthcare delivery system, have announced the addition of 11 imaging facilities to their joint venture, New Jersey Imaging Networks (NJIN). The deal is expected to be finalized in the third quarter, and will give NJIN a total of 18 facilities in the New Jersey area.
The expansion consists of 10 imaging centers that had been previously wholly owned by RadNet and one that had previously been wholly owned by Barnabas Health. NJIN was formed in 2012, and an affiliate of Barnabas Health owns 51% while RadNet owns the remaining 49%.
"I am thrilled to announce this transforming event for our existing NJIN joint venture,” Howard Berger, MD, RadNet president and CEO, said in a statement. “Since 2012, when we first established the relationship between Barnabas Health and RadNet, we have had great success with growing the relationship from zero to seven centers and establishing a reputation of high quality medicine and service with both the New Jersey patient population and the major regional health plans."
"With the changing healthcare landscape and our focus on building healthier communities, we believe a commitment to the expansion of our outpatient and ambulatory facilities is more important than ever,” Jay Picerno, Barnabas Health chief operating and financial officer, said in the same statement. “Our joint venture with RadNet, an experienced leader in the field of diagnostic imaging, provides us with the right operating partner to enhance our presence in outpatient imaging throughout New Jersey and deliver the highest quality culturally competent care to the communities we serve."