Reston, VA - The American College of Radiology (ACR) Board of Chancellors (BOC) selected three innovators as 2017 Gold Medalists for their extraordinary service to the College or radiology. Honors will be bestowed during ACR 2017 - The Crossroads of Radiology, which will be held May 21?25, 2017, in Washington, DC.
The following individuals will receive the ACR Gold Medal:
- Bruce J. Hillman, MD, FACR, of Wake Forest, NC, professor of radiology and medical imaging and health evaluation sciences and former chair of radiology, University of Virginia, and founding and current editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American College of Radiology (JACR)
- John A. Patti, MD, FACR, of Lynnfield, MA, senior lecturer in radiology at Harvard Medical School and thoracic radiologist at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, both in Boston, and past chair of the board and president of ACR
- Jeffrey C. Weinreb, MD, FACR, of New Haven, CT, professor of radiology and biomedical imaging and vice chair for strategic planning and innovation at Yale-New Haven Hospital/Yale School of Medicine, and past BOC member and vice-president of ACR
The following candidates were approved by the ACR BOC to receive Honorary Fellowships in recognition of their contributions to the science or practice of radiology.
- Berend J. Slotman, MD, PhD, of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, professor and chair of radiation oncology, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam
- Jacob Sosna, MD, of Jerusalem, Israel, chair, division of imaging, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, and president of the Israel Radiological Association
In addition, Pamela A. Wilcox, RN, MBA, of Ridge, MD, will receive the Distinguished Achievement Award for notable service to the College and the profession. Wilcox served as ACR executive vice president of quality and safety, retiring in 2015 after 28 years of service.
Registration is open for ACR 2017 -The Crossroads of Radiology, which will be held May 21-25, 2017, at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC. The ACR Resident and Fellow Section will meet May 20-21, 2017. Abstract submission is open until Dec. 16. View ACR 2017 sessions, special events and the interactive program.